Go Back   Northcode Support > News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2001-10-30, 10:32 PM   #1
northcode
Tim

Added two new options to PRINT.IMAGE to support allow the image to be scaled up or down to fill the page. Both options select the best page orientation based on the ascpect ratio of the image being printed (to minimize scaling artifacts).

The first option, FITTOPAGE, scales the image uniformly (up or down) and maintains the original aspect ratio of the image. The image may not fill the entire page unless the aspect ratio of the images matches the page.

The second option, STRETCHTOFIT, will scale the image up or down to fill entire printable page. The scaling is not uniform and the image may look "distorted" as a result. This is arguably the least useful of the two but I had requests for it so it's there.

You can use only one of these options at any time. They must appear at the end of the list of other arguments or as the first and only argument. In the examples below you can use STRETCHTOFIT anywhere I've used FITTOPAGE.

fscommand("PRINT.IMAGE", "FITTOPAGE");
fscommand("PRINT.IMAGE", "10,10,100,100,FITTOPAGE");
northcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2001-11-27, 05:08 AM   #2
zelazney

Unhappy latest update???

This is going to sound stupid, but here goes. Which is the latest update to intall for build 1499? Do you have to install them in order ie: g,h,i then j or is j the latest fix with everything rolled into one?

I'm easily confused, but then, I haven't had my coffee yet? 8)
zelazney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2001-11-27, 02:03 PM   #3
northcode
Tim

They don't need to be installed in order but you need to install the plain 1499 build using the setup program before you can use these "patches". 1499l is the latest.
northcode is offline   Reply With Quote