Go Back   Northcode Support > SWF Studio V3
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2012-02-06, 06:58 PM   #1
Annie0

Unhappy Opening PPS files is crashing my app

I have a flash interface that has links to PPS files. The interface also has an animation that loops continuously in the background. However, after opening PPS files and hitting escape to return to the interface, the animation is frozen and none of the links work (but button rollovers still work and the quit button still works). It's like the interface has frozen up.

Here is the code I'm using to open the files, which works fine.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
on (press) {
id = setInterval(
function()
{
clearInterval(id);
ssCore.Shell.invoke({path:'startdir://Powerpoint.pps', verb:'open', waitForWindow: true, topmost:true});
}
, 100
);
}
----------------------------------------------------------------

Also, it seems to be random, sometimes i can open 5 in a row before it freezes up, sometimes it's only 1 or 2. I'm on a Windows 7 64-bit machine.

Please help!!!

Thanks,
Anne
Annie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 10:25 PM   #2
northcode
Tim

You are making a synchronous call (I'm guessing since I can't see the rest of your app) to ssCore.Shell.invoke and telling it to wait until the window appears and then make it the topmost window. If anything goes wrong (for example, if Shell.invoke can't find the new window) then your app will appear to be hung, because that's what you told it to do... wait.

Two solutions you can try are (i) call Shell.open to open your PPS file or (ii) remove the waitForWindow and topmost settings from the call you have.

Both of those should work but depending on the version of the PowerPoint Viewer on your system, the PPS file may not open in full screen mode. You can check for that (in the registry) and prompt the user to install the correct version though.
northcode is offline   Reply With Quote