Go Back   Northcode Support > Archive > Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2010-11-02, 02:48 PM   #1
BGoulette
Blake

Question Odd problem after building project? (System partially locks up?)

Hi, here's what's going on:

I'm on a Windows 7 (64-bit) machine with the latest updates, etc. After I build and run (Ctrl-Enter) a project in SS, I'm able to close out that exe, but the rest of my machine won't respond until I press Ctrl-Alt-Del and wait for the Cancel button to become active (I don't actually have to go into Task Manager).

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know what might be causing this issue? Thanks!
BGoulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 02:59 PM   #2
northcode
Tim

Does the same thing happen if you just run the EXE or does it only happen when you're testing from SWF Studio after a build?

Do you use an anti-virus scanner? Does the CPU usage of the A/V scanner spike when you do this?

You might want to open Task manager before you do the build/run so you can see the CPU usage or the process list (with individual CPU uage values).
northcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 03:51 PM   #3
BGoulette
Blake

Tim,

Even after building and running the EXE as-is, I get the same behavior: random mouse interactions not working until I get to the screen where I can lock the computer, launch task manager, etc. (Some keyboard shortcuts still work, and some mouse behavior is as expected, but it's inconsistent.)

I'm running Microsoft Security Essentials, and my CPU climbs to 100% while the projector is being built, but drops right down after that. Memory hardly budges.
Old 2010-11-02, 04:25 PM   #4
northcode
Tim

Can you (temporarily) disable Microsoft Security Essentials or tell it to ignore Studio.exe and your EXE and see what happens?

If there's someplace you can post the EXE for me I'd like to take a look at this one. If you don't have access to an FTP site I can give you access to the customer support account here. If you ZIP it, we can easily handle files up to 10MB or so before our mail server loses its mind
Old 2010-11-02, 07:01 PM   #5
BGoulette
Blake

Here's a zipped version of the EXE.

Also, when browsing for files or choosing a save location, sometimes when I left-click, I get the context menu -- and I get it when I right-click, too. Usually after I've successfully left-clicked one time.

I haven't messed with MSE just yet, but I will and see what happens. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, I set MSE to ignore my EXE, but the same issue remains.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WS Playlist Editor.zip (4.16 MB, 209 views)
Old 2010-11-03, 10:44 AM   #6
northcode
Tim

I tried your app on XP 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit and had no problems with either one. The app started, I was able to bring up the file open dialog and quit all without incident.